Jaguar XJ 2010 Quietly Joins the Frankfurt Circus

Jaguar XJ 2010 Quietly Joins the Frankfurt Circus

Jaguar XJ 2010 Quietly Joins the Frankfurt Circus

Jaguar XJ 2010 Quietly Joins the Frankfurt Circus


All I can say is that I want one. I wasn't so sure about this when I first saw it, but the more that I have looked at it from different angles, and different colors and in motion, it is dang sexy! I was afraid it lost the sexiness of the Jaguar brand, but it has not. It is just a modern interpretation of beauty and flow. This car doesn't always photograph well, but it is awesome in video, when you can see it at the right angles.
Awesome because it is and awesome because its a 'Jag' (get it?). Jaguar does need a good X-type to complete a full transformation and please produce that XE concept that graced some car magazine a few months back with the vertical dual tail-pipes. A nice car maybe, but to me not a true Jaguar in character. Traditional Jaguar buyers (i.e. those who can afford to buy and run one) want to buy a true Jaguar. Maybe, however, this car will attract a totally different new crowd, possibly larger than before. Even so, I would not bet on it : too Lexus like.
I think I need to sell my sterling, because the British cars at the show can certainly resuscitate the manufacturing industry, if only it (car industry) has better global networks.Like the exterior, the cabin is thoroughly modern and luxurious. A sweeping swath of wood veneer circles the cockpit, while an attractive center console puts all the controls right at your fingertips. Trimmed in fine leather upholstery, the interior boasts 'virtual instrument dials', a panoramic glass roof, and an optional 1200W Bowers & Wilkins premium audio system.
Engine options include the 275PS 3.0-liter diesel V6, the naturally aspirated 385PS 5.0-liter V8, the supercharged 470PS 5.0-liter V8, and the monstrous 510PS supercharged 5.0-liter V8.
At last! The big cat has tossed off its cardigan and bowler cap and replaced it with a suit made by Studio Italia with a matching pair of designer shades from Ray Ban. Well done Jaguar. No all we've got to do is replace the ugly little brother X-type and the transformation of Jag's image will be complete. And yes, I find it pointless to have a scaled-down 470bhp version of the brilliant 510bhp V8. You want a scaled-down version, just remove the supercharger and find out what you're missing out on. I would also like to see Jag using a tuned version of Range-Rover's 3.6litre turbo-diesel V8, with power at around the 380bhp mark ( which is perfectly possible and economically viable ). But apart from that, well done to Jaguar once again. I salute you.


Download More >>>