New Ford Expedition EL 2009 2010 : Reviews and Specs

New Ford Expedition EL 2009 2010 : Reviews and Specs

New Ford Expedition EL 2009 2010 : Reviews and Specs

All Expeditions sport an Independent Rear Suspension, a feature not common in the full-size SUV market. Power comes from a 5.4-liter V8 that delivers 300 horsepower at 5,000 rpm and 365lb-ft of torque at 3,750 rpm on regular 87-Octane gas. The motor is coupled to a six-speed automatic; the sole powertrain combo. Towing capacity is an impressive 9,000lbs, when properly equipped and in the rear-wheel drive configuration, down 200lbs from its shorter namesake. Basically, they include a rearview camera to help with general reversing or hooking up a trailer, power folding running boards, and the range-topping (at least in price) King Ranch trim. Apart from the two, there is the base XLT trim, and the Eddie Bauer trim just above it, while the Limited sits at the top. Now standard fare across all Expedition trims are a keyless entry keypad and heated power mirrors.


I liked them all too. I’ll also add Silent Running, Logan’s Run… As for Heston, add Earthquake and Airport… well you catch the drift. I would like to add, I became addicted when it was in reruns, McGoohan’s (rip), The Prisoner. I made a special trip to the village in Wales were the series was filmed. A trip down memory lane… Damn they weren’t kidding when they said it goes quick – too damn quick I now realize.
Imo, the main reason that ½ ton diesel applications, such as the Ram and GM’ s much anticipated Duramax 4500, have been sidelined is due to cost reasons. Throw in cheaper gas and the NA stigma that still dogs diesels and the current Hybrid rage into the mix and… well… I think Honda was right when they stated a few years ago that Hybrid only makes sense for small vehicles. It is interesting to note that although these Hybrids can tow close to their gas only counterparts when they do so their fuel efficiency is also equivalent. We could also get into the longevity of battery packs in non So-Cal environments; believe me, for most of the truck owners I know they will end up replacing the battery packs. If I was looking for a truck in this price range it would be a diesel and either a Ford or a GMC at that. When you consider the historic clientele for pickups at this price point I don’t see them selling too many.
Johnny, you can already surmise where I stand on current issues such as this. In my line of work ascertaining trends is of primary importance. Going against the herd mentality is always… It’s always the same, you don’t understand, this is different, you’re set in your ways and can’t see the writing on the wall etc. Then, as always, it ends with what were we thinking or similar. You and I and others are old enough to see how this usually all plays out… been their done that and I’ll add seen that into the mix too many times. Don’t mean to sermonize but I’ve been working late to clear some things.


Download More >>>