New SCION XD 2009 : New Models, Reviews and Specs

Upon introduction, the xD is equipped with a standard 1.8-liter, I4, 128-horsepower engine that achieves 27-mpg in the city and 33-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard, and a 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional. This is a very good choice if you're looking for a basic commuter car. I have the 5-speed manual and as long as I drive conservatively (i.e., stay within the speed limit, don't race to the red light) I can easily get 40 MPG. Even on the weeks when I drive it harder than usual, I still get 36 MPG, so it's a gas saver any way you look at it. It also comes with a lot of standard features that are considered options in other cars. The fold-flat rear seats make it easy to carry bulky items, although long items are trickier because the car is so short. Speed, power, and handling are nothing to be excited about, so if you're looking for a sporty ride, you'll find this car underwhelming. But if you're looking for an inexpensive way to get from point A to point B with some basic creature comforts, you won't be disappointed.


Download More >>>