The New BMW Z4 2009 2010: Reviews and Specs

The first Bangle era designs were a shock to the system, none more dramatic than the Z4. It took me some time to get used to these changes, and still wasn’t convinced by the duck-tailed Z4. I took a liking to the 7er (though the taillights weren’t completely resolved, IMO), was quite impressed with the new 5er when seen in person, but still not quite a fan of the Z4.
The more I saw, however, the more I liked. It was much more of a three dimensional design, it was like sculpture. Every time I saw one I found a new twist, nuance, or connection of one line to the next. I started to see the whole picture and I finally caved and got one. Looking at it every day I’d see something new. It was low, lean, mean, and a lot of fun to drive. I had a couple quibbles; like the turn signals, taillights, and road noise. But all in all I liked the design.
The renderings of the new Z4 show BMW design to have moved from shock to awe. They have taken the original concept and have refined the lines, giving it more of an athletic look. Per all the second generation Bangle era designs, the sheet metal is pulled tight over a muscular frame.
I like it. Few manufacturers have been able to replicate these forms thus keeping BMW distinct from the wannabes.The entry level Z4 sDrive23i gets a I6 powerplant with a displacement of 2,497cc, power output lies at 204hp (152 kW) and 250Nm(184lb-ft) of torque. The final engine option is the sDrive30i with a 258hp(192 kW) 3-liter engine with 210Nm(228lb-ft) of torque. All three powerplants abide by the strict EU5 emissions standard taking the BMW roadster into the next decade with much to be excited about. The top of the line Z4 sDrive35i features the award winning 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged engine that has already been successfully deployed in the 135i and 335i. It pumps out 306hp (228Kw) and 400Nm of torque (295lb-ft) and enables the roadster to launch from 0-62mph in just 5.2 seconds. For those consumers looking to take the optional Double Clutch Transmission system, an extra 0.1 seconds is wiped off this acceleration figure.The entry level Z4 sDrive23i gets a I6 powerplant with a displacement of 2,497cc, power output lies at 204hp (152 kW) and 250Nm(184lb-ft) of torque. The final engine option is the sDrive30i with a 258hp(192 kW) 3-liter engine with 210Nm(228lb-ft) of torque


Download More >>>